HP PA 12 polyamide for 3D printing
HP High Reusability PA 12 is a tough thermoplastic from Hewlett Packard. It is used for printing prototypes and finished products in the production and medical industry.
In terms of characteristics, 3D printing polyamide HP PA 12 is superior to ABS plastic and photopolymers. Polyamide is biocompatible, non-combustible, as well as UV and chemical resistant. It is used to print mounts, parts, cases, and products with IP67 protection.
Durable and resistant to chemicals
HP PA 12 products are designed to withstand drops, impacts, and static loads. Polyamide 3D printing is used to make durable cases, mounts, pipes, and car bumpers. Polyamide also retains its properties upon contact with fuel, oils, and solvents.
Biocompatible and heat-resistant
The fire safety and biocompatibility of HP PA 12 have been confirmed in Europe and the USA. The material is free of phthalates, bisphenol-A, and heavy metals. Toys, external prostheses, corrective insoles, and even respirators are printed from it.
Stronger than ABS and photopolymers
HP PA 12 outperforms ABS and photopolymers used in injection molding and 3D printing. The material does not delaminate and, unlike ABS plastic, it retains its strength under ultraviolet radiation.
Suitable for products with IP67 protection
Polyamide parts have high density and precise tolerances: the material is suitable for products with IP67 protection. It is used for printing sealed cases that can withstand dust, rain, and immersion in water to a certain degree.
- Powder melting point (DSC) 187° C/369° F
- Particle size 60 µm
- Powder melting point (DSC) +187°C / +369°F Particle size 60 µm Bulk density of powder 0.425 g/cu cm
- Density of parts 1.01 g/cu cm
- Tensile strength, max load, XY 48 MPa/6960 psi
- Tensile strength, max load, Z 48 MPa/6960 psi
- Tensile modulus, XY 1700 MPa/247 ksi
- Tensile modulus, Z 1800 MPa/261 ksi
- Elongation at break, XY 20%
- Elongation at break, Z 15%
- Flexural strength (@ 5%), XY 65 MPa/9425 psi
- Flexural strength (@ 5%)10, Z 70 MPa/10150 psi
- Flexural modulus10, XY 1730 MPa/251 ksi
- Flexural modulus10, Z 1730 MPa/251 ksi
- Izod impact notched (@ 3.2 mm, 23ºC), XYZ 3.5 kJ/m2
- Heat deflection temperature (@ 0.45 MPa, 66 psi), XY 175 ºC/347 ºF
- Heat deflection temperature (@ 0.45 MPa, 66 psi), Z 175 ºC/347 ºF
- Heat deflection temperature (@ 1.82 MPa, 264 psi), XY 95 ºC/203 ºF
- Heat deflection temperature (@ 1.82 MPa, 264 psi), Z 95 ºC/203 ºF
|Aliphatic hydrocarbons (including gasoline components)||●●●●●|
|DOT 3 brake fluid||●●●●●|
1. Upload your 3D model
2. Specify the quantity and color
3. Pay the order
4. We print the product
5. The order is shipped directly to you